In addition to being in the center of numerous fishing lakes and streams, we are also convenient to:
|Groceries and Fast Food||Walking Distance|
|Deer Lodge Medical Center||3 min|
|Deer Park Golf Club||9 min|
|Grant-Kohrs Historic Site||1 min|
|Montana Auto Museum||3 min|
|Old Montana Prison||3 min|
|Montana Law Enforcement Memorial||3 min|
|Frontier Montana Museum||3 min|
|Yesterday's Playthings (Toy Museum)||3 min|
|Powell County Memorial Hospital||6 min|
|Old Works Golf Course||30 min|
|Discovery Ski Basin||30 min|
|Anaconda MT||30 min|
|Henena MT||59 min|
210 N Main St
Deer Lodge Montana [map]
To Stay With Us
|Free Wireless Internet|
|Free Continental Breakfast|
|In Room Coffee Services|
|Pillowtop Mattresses in all King Rooms|
|Smoke Free Rooms|
|Covered Smoking Lounge|
Local Area Attractions Convenient to Western Big Sky Inn
Deer Lodge, Montana lodging has never been so historic. Deer Lodge is the second oldest town in Montana. We are located 25 miles north of Anaconda, MT and 68 miles southwest of Missoula, MT right off of I-90. Because of its rich Montana history, Deer Lodge is a wonderful place to come explore the outdoors and relive the olden days. So come stay at our Deer Lodge, Montana lodging today.
Our Deer Lodge accommodations are located just 2 blocks from the Broken Arrow Steakhouse and are near all of the great outdoor attractions, so go out and have a good time. Book a room and enjoy our Deer Lodge accommodations today.
- Grant-Kohrs Historic Site - Tour the historic 1860's ranch for FREE and learn about roping steers, watch blacksmith demonstrations, and bounce along on a hayride.
- Montana Auto Museum – Come see a wide variety of car models dating back all the way to the mid 1800's.
- Old Montana Prison - Tour the the Old Montana prison, built in 1800, for a look into the life of a prisoner.
- Montana Law Enforcement Memorial-
- Frontier Montana Museum Enjoy seeing the many items used by the old American cowboys.
- Yesterday's Playthings (Toy Museum) – This toy museum has many antique toys and dolls dating back to 1835.
Outdoor Attractions and Activities
Fishing! Lakes, Streams and Ice Fishing is a big part of the culture here - and a big draw for our visitors!
- Arrow Stone Park - offers a boat ramp with fishing access to the Clark Ford River, picnic tables, and walking trails
- Water Sports such as fishing, swimming, and boating. Fishing is very successful in Deer Lodge, Montana.
- Rock Creek Lake
- Lower Dolus Lake
- Middle Dolus Lake
- Clark Ford River
- Trask Lake
- Deer Lodge National Forest - hiking, horseback riding, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, fishing, hunting, mountain hiking, back packing, and photography.
- Golfing - there are 2 popular golf courses near Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge Golf Club
- Anaconda Country Club (20 minutes away)
- Hiking and Biking - there are tons of outdoor hiking and/or biking trails here in Deer Lodge, such as...
- Racetrack Peak - this hike is located along the Trask River, is of moderate level, and is 12.6 miles long with an elevation gain of 1750 feet.
- Circle Tour - mountain bike or hike partially into Deer Lodge National Forest past some historic buildings and an old mining camp.
As you can see, there are more things to do in Deer Lodge, Montana than you could possibly do in just one visit. Stay at our Deer Lodge, Montana lodging and enjoy comfortable rooms and a free continental breakfast each morning. Feel free to call or email us with any questions about Western Big Sky Inn or the surrounding area using our contact page.